E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle Fire is fully charged but it won't switch on. I…

Customer Question
My Kindle Fire is...

My Kindle Fire is fully charged but it won't switch on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I think it's a Kindle HD . It's about 3 years old. where will I find the model no?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I"ve tried holding the on button down for 30 seconds but absolutely nothing happens. It just seems completely dead.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 8 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you. Will be glad if we can get it going again.
For a while I have noticed that it didn't always turn the page accurately. i.e. the page wasn't always centered when I swipe to turn the page. I also noticed the occasional momentary blackout which would pass.
Must I wait on line or can I return to this tomorrow? I am in South Africa. Time is different.
I would like to abort this. Kindly arrange a refund of my deposit.
 replied 8 months ago

I am sorry for the delayed response, I was doing research on this issue. If resetting doesn’t work, it’s possible that your battery is dead. Try plugging the Kindle Fire into the charger and wait about 15 minutes before trying to turn it on again. If the device refuses to start up, try resetting it again.

If it still won’t turn on, it’s possible that you have a dead charging cable. Alas, the cables that come with the Kindle Fire are not known for their longevity. Try charging the tablet with another cord that has a Micro USB connection and see if the device responds. There’s no guarantee that the charging cord from your smartphone will work with the Kindle Fire, but it’s worth a try. If you get a bit of a charge, then you’ll know that your Kindle Fire needs a new charging cable.

If you wish you continue the service, Please let me know so that I can try some other troubleshooting. If you want to cancel the service, You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support