E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle. Not sure which one. But one of the original…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle. Not sure which one. But one of the original ones. Haven't used it for while. The screen is just horizontal lines.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a kindle. About 10 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't used it for a while. I charged it up. I slid the power button across and held it for about 60 seconds. Nothing changed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No not really

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you