E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Screen freezes up. Will not download nor allow

Customer Question
Screen freezes up. Will...

Screen freezes up. Will not download nor allow reading..Frozen in book purchasing screen..Will not turn off

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model # D00611 series 8004###-##-####148

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started today ... haven't tried anything other than trying to turn it off at the top

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you