E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am trying to charge my kobo reader but it isn't working.

Customer Question
I am trying to...

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Ce0560. It is three years old it is a kobo glo

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started on Saturday. I usually charge on a wall out let and now suddenly it wont charge. I plugged it into a computer too.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else to ask as I am not that technical.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand your concern first we will try some basic troubleshooting please follow the steps below:

If your eReader battery is not charging, try the steps below.

• Turn your eReader off, charge it for four hours, and restart it. Note: To charge your eReader using your computer, turn on your computer then connect your eReader to it. If your eReader's battery is completely drained it can take up to 15 minutes before it reacts to being plugged into power.
  • Use a different USB port on your computer.
  • Use a different Micro USB cable. You can replace your cable wherever Micro USB cables are sold.
  • Try charging your eReader with a wall adapter.

Let me know if this helps and if these steps don't work we will try next level of troubleshooting.

I charged the ereader on the computer or at least I tried. It never acknowleged it was attached. I have already done these things so am upset at being charged for something that I already tried.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I can understand we will try the alternate troubleshooting in order to fix the issue now we will perform a basic reset and see that if that works.

A basic reset will force your eReader to restart properly. In many cases, this is enough to restore your eReader to normal.

1. If possible, turn off your eReader.
  2. Locate the small hole on the bottom of your eReader.
  3. Unfold a paperclip and slide an end into the hole.
  4. Press gently until you feel a click. Your eReader should restart.

Let me know if that helps.

THat did not work either. I tried all this before I contacted you so I feel this is wasting your time and mine. Don't charge me forthis asit hasn't helped one bit. I already tried this yesterday.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Okay, sir if you don't wish to continue i will direct you to the justanswer cutomer support You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support and can get the refund.