E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Just bought a new kindle and would like to transfer books…

Customer Question
Just bought a new...

Just bought a new kindle and would like to transfer books from previous kindle to the new one

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Not sure of the make or model. It is a basic kindle and I have had it for several years. Can't get into it because it has frozen up.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started when I turned it on this morning. Don't know of anything I can do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Can my books be transferred even though we don't have wi-fi in our home

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

You will need wifi on the Kindle so the new Kindle can register with your Amazon account and download the books (it does this as part of the Automatic transfer).

Do you have a starbuck or macdonalds close by? Or anything that provides free wifi?

Please let me know