E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have changed my credit card details online amazon settings…

Customer Question
I have changed my...

I have changed my credit card details online amazon settings but it I still cant buy a book on my kindly it says I do not have a valid default credit card for my amazon account? I don't know how to fix this. Please help!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model No. EY21, I think about 4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since last week Wednesday. what troubleshooting should I try?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me exactly where online you changed your credit card details?

Please let me know

Thank you

I went into www.amazon.com/mycd, selected settings, edit payment method, then add a card. It accepted the new details, but that's it, I can't buy/use it.

Ok, are you sure you signed in using the same Amazon account that is being used on your Kindle?

Richard, my card has just been debit by Just answer R366 to ask my question and get help, now it will cost me another R270 to tall on the phone live?

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Hello!!!!

yes hello... I replied to you

it's the same amazon account, How do I check that?
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and make a purchase. Let me know the results please Thank you
Ok, let me try. Will let you know.

thanks

Hi Richard, I did what you asked and received a letter on my kindle stating that my kindle paperwhite has been updated but I cant make a purchase.

What is the message you now get when you try to purchase?

the same one, I don't have a valid default credit card ...

On the Kindle Click on the 3-bar button on the top right, then click on Settings. Next, click on 'Device Options'. On the next screen, click on 'Personalize your Kindle'.

There you see the amazon account used on the Kindle, are you 100% sure your account is the same as used on the computer? As this is the most common cause

Please let me know

Ok, on my kindle screen it say's Anabela's Kindle, on the computer it says Anabela's Amazon, have I made an oops !!!

Yes you have, you are signing in on the computer with the wrong email account.

On your computer at www.amazon.com, click on your name in the top right and click on sign out.

Once done, then sign in but make sure you sign in with the same account used on the Kindle.

Then update your credit card details.

Let me know please how you go

Thank you

How did you go?

Are you stll woeking with me on this as it is over an hour since I provided you my instructions.

Please let me know

Richard, Customer Service