E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Fire tv locked up; screen is now black. have tried all the…

Customer Question
Fire tv locked up...

Fire tv locked up; screen is now black. have tried all the suggested fixes, but nothing works.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Firestick is only one month old--don't have model no. right now

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's been going on for about 30 min. I tried uplugging the firestick device from the tv, also pressing select, pause at the same time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm stumped; connect me.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

There's one more suggested fix, you may not have tried. Shut the TV off and unplug the USB power cable from the Firestick, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. Turn the TV on and use the ORIGINAL TV REMOTE'S INPUT BUTTON to make sure you are on the correct HDMI Input. Let me know what happens.

Are you there? Were you able to try those steps?

I tried them, but didn't work.

Let's look at the TV itself- can you get anything to display on your TV at all? Try pulling up the set's menu using the original TV remote. Let me know if the set's own menu displays.

i pulled up the menu

Okay, I have no way of knowing what TV you have- but does it have another HDMI port you can try plugging into?

Hello??

are you still there? I submitted the payment for $20; I'm waiting for your help.

Yes, I posted this about 10 minutes ago:

"I have no way of knowing what TV you have- but does it have another HDMI port you can try plugging into?"

I tried what you said. I brought up the tv menu; there is no other port for me to use.

What's the model number of the TV.

Because right now it sounds like the HDMI port doesn't work anymore. I need to be able to look up the set.

tv is LG 47LH55

That TV has three HDMI ports. Please try using a different port, and let me know what happens.

Are you able to locate the three HDMI ports- they are one above the other on the back of the set.

i tried one of the other ports--no luck.

Did you have other devices plugged into those ports so you can verify they work?

If the TV's HDMI ports work with other devices- but not the Firestick, then you have a faulty Firestick and would need to have it replaced under warranty. However if the TV does not display any sources connected to it via HDMI then the TV's HDMI ports themselves are the issue. Let me know what you find.

i'm checking

Alright, fingers crossed.

no; I tried a good port, nothing. I had this problem once before and the tech led me through it by phone. it was fixed within a matter of minutes. unfortunately, I don't remember the process.

Okay, well I don't have a quick fix here. I will opt out.

now what?
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there

Connecvt the firestick to a different HDMI port on the TV, does it then function correctly?

Richard, Customer Service