E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My battery seems to be running down very quickly. What can I…

Customer Question
My battery seems to...

My battery seems to be running down very quickly. What can I do about this?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a kindle fire and I have had it for around 4 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For the last 6 months or so. How do I find troubleshooting?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Let's get started.

It is very possible your battery could be going bad. However, my recommendation is to do a factory reset of the device. If it is a software issue the reset would clear the issue by reloading and remove anything that would cause a battery drain.

To do the reset of the Kindle Fire do the following:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
  2. Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
  3. Tap Reset to confirm.

Let me know the outcome. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you. Reply back to me with any further questions you may have.