E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I love the FireStick from May 12 to today! Now, it does not…

Customer Question
Hi - I love...

Hi - I love the FireStick from May 12 to today! Now, it does not work as usual. I can turn it on and get Alexia to answer but the answer is either a blank or no menu of apps as usual. What am I doing wrong? I changed the batteries in the mobile device and have restarted the modem and wifi device. I also unplugged and replugged the fire stick out of and back into the HD tv. No change, boo hoo! Help

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The model i# ***** the handheld device is = CE 0984.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Oh, I've had it for five months now. The trouble started a week ago. I tried all the above mentioned before from unplugging and replugging thee Siresticke into the TV, resetting the modem/wifi, and changing the batterieis in the handhaled Alexa device..

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

No menu or apps means the TV is not receiving communication from the HDMI cable. This can be caused by a HDMI connection a the Firestick, or the TV's HDMI ports are not functional. Please shut the TV off and then unplug the USB power cord from the side of the Firestick. Disconnect and reconnect the stick from the port on the TV. Plug the USB power cord back into the Firestick, then turn the TV on and then use the original TV remote's INPUT BUTTON to select the correct HDMI port and let me know what happens.