E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Can't connect to internet on my kindle. It is about 3 years…

Customer Question
Can't connect to internet...

Can't connect to internet on my kindle

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is about 3 years old. How do I tell what model it is?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We just moved about 3 months ago & I haven't tried anything like that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything except if you can tell me what model I have.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 8 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Does the name of your new home wifi network appear in the list of available networks in the Kindle wifi settings screen?

I don’t know

Try these steps please>

On your Kindle>

• Select Wi-Fi from the menu.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle
  • detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to
  • Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • Let me know what happens please.

did that work for you?