E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It's not an e-reader. It is a Kindle Fire 8. It's a Fire HD…

Customer Question
It's not an e-reader...

It's not an e-reader. It is a Kindle Fire 8

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a Fire HD 8" about 2 yrs. old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just today. I was on the learn: voice and going thru some of it and my screen went black. I still get noise when trying to shut off but I can't get anything on it.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 9 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 9 months ago

Please try to follow the below steps to soft reset your kindle:

1. Hold the power switch for twenty seconds. You will need to slide the power switch along and hold it for twenty seconds before releasing it. ...
  2. Your reboot screen should appear when you release the power switch.
  3. Give your device time to reboot for a minute or two.
  4. Turn the Kindle Fire HD back on.

Let me know if it works if it does not work we can try alternate solution.