E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Through overdrive I borrowed 5 books ,bead and returned to…

Customer Question
Through overdrive I borrowed...

Through overdrive I borrowed 5 books ,bead and returned to library before expiration date,however the books are still on my loans page keeping me from borrowing more. 1 book was removed yesterday only because it had reached its expiration daste. How do I remove books from loans?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

KIndle fire about 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just found the problem earlier this week. Went to help ,got no answers

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and check if the books are still there.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

richard Yes, the books are still there.

Now try to return them again, and tell me if they then leave please.

A popup says the books have already been returned and yes they are still on my loans page.

Try to borrow a book now, what then happens?

I can't bee tied up on the phone as I have to be in cardiac therapy this morning.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

I can't be on the phone since I will not be here. My therapy is an hour away and I have leave in 20 minutes .
You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it. Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please
I can'r be on the phone . My therapy is almost half an hour away and I must leave soon.

ok, I see you sent me this 3 times and I replied to you on this 3 times

Are you still seeing my messages?

richard just returned from therapy and visited main library. they are going to try to resolve the problem . thanks but i've already spent money and time wasted trying to find answers and only been frustrated with no results even from Amazon itself . thanks but no thanks.

Ok, the issue will need then to be in their system, it will not be on the actual Kindle Ruth, as we removed it there.

I will mark this quesiton to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service