E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can not open my kindle - swipe to open does not work. It…

Customer Question
I can not open...

I can not open my kindle - swipe to open does not work

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a paperwaite - a couple years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 days, I tried charging it, and cleaning the page

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 8 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info

Did that work for you?