E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Oasis Kindle has frozen on the waking up screen. I've…

Customer Question
My Oasis Kindle has...

My Oasis Kindle has frozen on the waking up screen. I've tried holding down the power button for seven seconds, and also for 40 seconds, but in neither case did anything on screen change.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I bought it on 10 March 2017, not sure what model.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I hadn't used it for about three weeks. When I picked it up to use it again the screen was frozen. I've only tried holding down the power button, as described in my opening communication with you.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about all I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 8 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 60 seconds, continue holding down for the full 60 seconds even if it powers off, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.If the screen is still unresponsive, plug in your device using the USB cord or power adapter that came with it. Then try charging the Kindle tablet with a wall outlet power adapter. Let the device charge for 30 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.