E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindlel will not open. SAMSAUNG kindle powered by Amdroid…

Customer Question
My Kindlel will not...

My Kindlel will not open

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

SAMSAUNG kindle powered by Amdroid about three or four uears old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This began today after my tablet did a general ipdate to its entire system. Before that I was javimg no problems.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?