E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have been having trouble connecting to my Amazon to

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having trouble connecting to my Amazon to register my kindle.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a Kindle Fire. I have only had it less than 2 years.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have connected to Amazon for help and I was not using my connection to get on the wireless network. That worked when I did it but now they want me to register and I don't know what they want.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else you need.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand your concern i will try my best to help you please follow the steps below to register your kindle:

To register your Kindle Fire, your device must be connected to a wireless network.

To buy and deliver Kindle content, register your Kindle Fire to an Amazon account. Registering also allows you to transfer purchases between devices and Kindle reading apps.

To register your Kindle Fire:

1. From Home, swipe down from the top of the screen, and then tap More.
  2. Tap My Account.
  3. Tap Register.
    • If you already have an Amazon account: Enter your Amazon account information.
    • If you do not have an Amazon account: Tap Create Account to set up a new account.

If you need to deregister your device from your Amazon account, follow the steps above, and then tap Deregister. After you deregister your device from your Amazon account, you won't be able to access items stored in the Cloud or items previously downloaded through other devices and Kindle reading applications.

Let me know if this helps you.