E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle fire (0700) and the charger cord is fraying…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle fire (0700) and the charger cord is fraying and needs replacement

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's about 5 years old ... the only model numbers I find are FACE 0700

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I have noticed the wires are fraying over the last few months and I want to replace it before it breaks or just shorts out

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 8 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Let's get started!

Are you looking to replace your charging cable is that correct?

is this Amazon ? ! ? ... and can I order a charging cord ?

Here is a link on Amazon where you can order the charging cable for your device. I would not recommend charging your device with the cable you currently have as it can damage the device. If you have a Android device it using the same cable as your Kindle. You can use that in the mean time.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Micro-USB-Cable-works-Tablets/dp/B006GWO5NE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510434166&sr=8-1&keywords=kindle+fire+charging+cable&dpID=41yQ1i9iLBL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top. Let me know if you have any further questions.