E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can't turn it on and I received no instructions with the…

Customer Question
I can't turn it...

I can't turn it on and I received no instructions with the device

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a Fire (Alexa) Brand new.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since I took it out of the box. You are the first tech help I have asked for.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These kindles do not come with instructions. The manual is built into the kindle and available under the help menu.

You need to plug it in and charge it for at least 6 hours prior to use.

Then press the on button, which is at the bottom edge of the kindle, just once. It will turn on and prompt you to connect to wifi, then to register it to your amazon account.
Once that is done, you can begin using it.

Let me know if that works for you.
Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.