E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle fire hd which is fully charged just has a black…

Customer Question
My kindle fire hd...

My kindle fire hd which is fully charged just has a black screen and will not respond to operate

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle fire hd serial nbr D025 A0A035703UF purchase 2015

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This morning

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.