E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle fire 10 won't send email. Messages get stuck in…

Customer Question
My Kindle fire 10...

My Kindle fire 10 won't send email. Messages get stuck in the send folder.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

It's the most recent release. I have owned it for about 6 weeks. Not sure other than Kindle Fire 10. If I take it out of the case will I see the mode *?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's been going on for 2 or 3 days. I opened the email account settings and looked at the outgoing account ID and password. That all looks OK.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Receiving emails seems to be OK, but I often get one line warnings that the account has connectivity problems. Internet connection is OK, though.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

May i know if you have tried restarting your kindle?

three times.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

May i know which email service provider you are using for e.x gmail, yahoo?

I'm using Centurylink service.
Service through my PC is no problem.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

Could you please try to disconnect and reconnect your WiFi connection and let me know if it works.

I tried that to no avail. Also internet service through the WiFi connection is not a problem.
Outgoing messages hang up in the out-box and I try to resend them from there, without effect. Some time later, messages do go out, but it may be as long as an hour, which can be a problem when the information is time critical.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

I can understand your concern may I know if you have tried removing your account and add it again if it works and if it does not then I am sorry. Unfortunately I am out of ideas. i may have to open this request to other experts by opting out from this issue, so that any other expert would give you a quick solution for this problem with no extra charge. Thank you.

OK Aparna :). I think this is a problem with the new kindle 10.
One question. If I have 2 kindle devices with the same email account information. would that cause a problem?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

No, i don't think so that it will cause the issue and also you can check with Amazon support and century link regarding your email issue on your new kindle 10 or if you want i will opt out so that other expert can help you on this issue please let me know?

I will try getting help from Amazon support. That's what I was trying to do when I clicked on your link. LOL.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

Thank you for your time and patience I really appreciate it. Please reach to us if you need any assistance.

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician