E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am 79 years old and want to set up Amazon Prime on my blue…

Customer Question
I am 79 years...

I am 79 years old and want to set up Amazon Prime on my blue ray machine. How do I do this? Is there a code that I need?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sony BDP-s3500

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This the first time I have tried to set this up. I received a letter sometime ago about the fact I was not using the service and have misplaced the letter

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Just noticed I am in Kindle section. should I be in networking for this set up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

To register the Blu-ray Player in Sony My Essentials website, you can follow the steps mentioned on the below link:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31945/c/65%2C66/kw/31945

The registration code for registering the Player in Sony My Essentials website can be obtained under the "Activate Enhanced Feature" option in the Player.
1) Using the supplied remote. press HOME button.
2) Next, select Network (globe icon) option.
3) Finally, select "Activate Enhanced Feature" option.

The 5-character Registration Code for setting up Amazon service can be obtained from the Player.
1) Using the supplied remote, press the Home button.
2) Select the Video icon.
3) Select the Amazon Instant Video icon.
NOTE: Some Blu-ray Player models may require that you click the "OPTIONS" button on the remote, and the select "Account" option to obtain the registration code.

To setup the Amazon Service in the Player, you can follow the steps mentioned on the given link:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32066/c/65%2C66/kw/32066

Do you need further assistance with this?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.