E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have misplaced my Kindle and I am wondering if a finder…

Customer Question
I have misplaced my...

I have misplaced my Kindle and I am wondering if a finder can utilize it. It was frozen, I could not get it to open, but I am concerned that someone else might be able to open it and order. I have ordered a new more advanced one although it is not available until the end of the month.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It may be 3 years old and I do not remember what it was called. I neglected to say it had a slight crack for some time and that may be why it would no longer open. Can you look it up? Lauren's Kindle is the name.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This week it would no longer open. Is it safe from someone who might find it?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.Thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Hi Lauren,

There isn't a way to locate the Kindle but you can deregister it from your account so that nobody can make purchases using your information.

To deregister:

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps

Sign into your account

Click Your devices.

Click the Actions button, and then click Deregister device.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!