E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle will not accept my Wi-Fi password and it is

Customer Question
My kindle will not...

My kindle will not accept my Wi-Fi password ***** it is correct.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle paper white 2016

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is new and I am trying to set it up ...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the error you get when it fails to connect?

Thank you

It just says password ***** ***** but I have put it in carefully 20 times.

Thank you

Do you have a windows computer that is already connected to the wifi network?

Please let me know

Thank you

Thanks

We are best to double check the password, just in case it has been changed by someone there.

Press the windows key + R and type in

ncpa.cpl

Press enter

Right click on the wireless connection and click on Status

Then click on wireless properties

Click on the Security Tab and then click on Show Characters and you can then see the wireless password ***** to use

Make sure to use that one exactly as it is, so if it has capitals use this, eg: PASSword ***** ***** to passWORD

Let me know please how you go