E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My password is Jessie123. My home was broken into yesterday…

Customer Question
Hi, my password *****...

Hi, my password ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

My home was broken into yesterday and amongst items taken was my Kindle. C

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Can you advise what steps I can take to ensure that the thief cannot purchase books in my name?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 9 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I am sorry to hear about the break in and hop you are ok.

What you need to do is register the Kindle via your computer.

To do this, please do the following

Click this link https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps

Sign in with your Amazon account

Click Your devices.
Click the Actions button, and then click Deregister device

This will stop any access to your account, purchases and reading of your books.

Let me know please how you go doing this.

Thank you

I have had no positive response from Richard, al, I wanted him to do was to cancel my Amazon Account for Reading and ordering Books. The person that stole my Kindle can order and I will have to pay. Please advise cancellation.
Thanking you
Audrey Barrett.

Hi there

You needed to do the instructions I gave you Audrey, this was my positive response to you, the step by step instructions I gave...

Can you do the instructions? I have repeated the instructions below

To do this, please do the following

Sign in with your Amazon account

Click Your devices.

Thank you