E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cannot seem to connect my kindle to my wifi...cannot find…

Customer Question
I cannot seem to...

I cannot seem to connect my kindle to my wifi...cannot find the wifi password....not sure why it isn't automatically connecting.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I don't know...a couple of years old...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have no idea. I just realized that all the books I have been purchasing have not been showing up on my kindle. I don't know even what to trouble shoot

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope...just want to read my books...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 8 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 8 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any Windows laptop which is connected to the wifi? If you are windows computer is connected with the wifi we can easily retrieve the password ***** that device(Computer).

1. Press and hold “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.
  2. In the Run box, write ncpa.cpl and press Enter or OK and the Network window will open.
  3. In Network Connections, press and hold (or right-click) the network name and select Status > Wireless Properties.
  4. Select the Security tab and select Show characters.
  5. The password ***** the wireless network is displayed in the Network security key field.