E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle and didn't use it for a while. I do travel…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle and didn't use it for a while. I do travel with it alot in my bag. it has cover and did not fall. when I wanted to put it on yesterday it did nothing. I it again, and kept button in for 40 odd sec to re set it. It changed the bottom part of the screen and looks like it is moving,but it stoped there and does not change from there.What do I do??

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

More or less 3 years old. kindle whit touch screen and wi fi

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

First time ever

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I only want to put it on to use it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 9 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When you held the power button did the screen turn off?

Please let me know

Thank you

No it stayed on but bottom part turned white and right bottom started to change. Making stripes. I tried just now again and the top left is also changing

Ok, hold it down (the power button) for a full 2 minutes

Does the screen go off?