E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I accidentally left my Kindle on the picnic table and it got…

Customer Question
I accidentally left my...

I accidentally left my Kindle White on the picnic table and it got rained on, after which I got this

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Repair Code: 0, Version:(###) ###-#### DSN: G090G105610601TD, Amazon Kindle Paper White. Purchased approx. 11/2016 as a gift.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

August 2017 will not turn on. Tried to charge, nothing happened. Will not turn on.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 9 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 9 months ago

Please try to restart your kindle by following the below steps and see what happens?

Press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until the Power dialog box appears, and then tap Restart.

Note: If the Power dialog box doesn't appear, press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds until your device restarts.

Let me know if this helps.

Light blinks. Screen will not turn on. Not even after 40 seconds. When power cord is plugged in light is on solid. (gold color)
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 9 months ago

Okay, i understand may i know if you can pull out the battery of your kindle and then again put it back and then try to restart it?