E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have one of the original Kindles but have not used it for…

Customer Question
I have one of...

I have one of the original Kindles but have not used it for many months. I've recharged it, and at the bottom of the picture it says, "Slide and release the power switch to wake." This does not work now. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model no. D00701. It is from 2010 or 2011.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been put away for a long time. I have not tried any kind of troubleshooting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
I am about to run out of time waiting. It's been at least 45 minutes. Please refund my $5!
11/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will tell Customer Support to refund your money. Thank you for trying JustAnswer... but I still may answer your question, if you wish.

If you can answer right away, that would be fine. Please do.
I am now not available until after 4:00 this afternoon. Please refund and I will try again.Janet

Oh! OK, then... no refund has been requested yet. Thanks for replying so quickly.

Well, you may - since the Kindle is presumably more than 2 or 3 years old - have a defective or dying battery in the Kindle device.

Replacing that battery - if that is the only problem - should cure the problem, and it can be done for you by any number of local shops.

You may return to this case, without further charge, after 4 p.m. It's fine, just go to

http://www.justanswer.com/e-readers/asfxh-one-original-kindles-not-used.html

Will return after 4:00.

OK... and I will be ready to resume after 4:00.