E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I RECENTLY purchased a new router and now my Kindle does not…

Customer Question
I RECENTLY purchased a...

I RECENTLY purchased a new router and now my Kindle does not accept downloads ... does something have to be reset

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I have one of the first Kindle's that appeared on the market. It is inserted in a folder and I cannot seem to get it out.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't tried troubleshooting. I tried to read the instructions on my kindle but need it printed out on a single page. I am 83 and not quite up to speed on setting up equipment. The model is D00901

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The Kindle's connection settings will have to be first Forgotten, i.e. a Forget will have to be done on the connection - which only applies to the former router, not to the new one....

...and then, you will need to re-Connect to the current router, and then you'll be able to do downloads, I think.

To do a Forget on the connection settings, you go to

Settings

then to WiFi Settings, and let it scan for currently present WiFi stations. Does one say 'Forget' next to it? if so, tap on 'Forget'.

Then go to the Home screen, tap on the antenna icon, and select your current or new router's name there; then enter the WiFi password ***** the new router, and you should be connected properly hereafter, and downloads should commence.

Tell me how it goes; or if you need further help or instructions, Reply and let me know, also.

I got as far as finding that I should be connected to Linksys04115. However, I am unable to find the password.

OK - so, do you not know the new router's password?

If not, then do you have a Windows computer, or even an Apple computer, or for that matter any other device around, that is connected, by WiFi, to the new router?

- if so, we can get the password ***** one of those devices.

I inserted the password ***** came with the router but it was not accepted. admin might work, or b1schoff. It a mystery to me

admin would be a default password... has the router been set up, or configured, yet? or was it simply bought from the store and put in place?

If the latter, then 'password' might connect you to it.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)

Russell H., Technician