E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I have a Voyage that does not advance the page, nor does it…

I have a Voyage...

I have a Voyage that does not advance the page, nor does it want to turn back. I know it's charged as I did it less than 48 hours ago.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Not sure. I cannot access that info on Kindle due to the aforementioned problems. Its a Voyage probably not much more than 6 or 7 years old. (I could be wrong about that)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started yesterday. I have tried turning off then waiting a couple of minutes, then turning back on. Since it's not behaving I cannot access the on device advice for troubleshooting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. When I have turned pages in the past on this device I felt a "zzzt" very faintly and then page would turn. I do not feel that now, nor will a swipe work.

10/22/2017
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Did a soft restart. Works ok now.
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician