E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have had a strange problem for the first time with my

Hi there I have...

Hi there I have had a strange problem for the first time with my kindle today

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I have a kindle paperwhite, I;ve had it for 5 or 6 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It happened for the first time today, when I turn on the kindle it didnt go past the screensaver page I have since held down the power button and now it is simply flashing on and off the screensaver I've tried plugging the charger in Nothing helps

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/21/2017
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried holding the Power button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

I have tried holding down the power button for over 45 seconds...

I'm sorry. This looks like a hardware issue, but have you tried to charge it to both the power outlet and the computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

I have tried charging it to the power outlet like I always do, it continues to flash the screen. I can try to charge it at the computer too.

OK, you can try to charge it to the computer and hold the power button again and check. But it seems the kindle is bad. The kindle is very old, so you'll likely need a new kindle. In the mean time, if you'd like to, I can show you how to read your Kindle books on a computer / tablet / smartphone.

Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I have an Ipad that I would prefer to use.

Can you please open the App Store app icon on your iPad, then type / search for kindle then get / install the Amazon Kindle app. Then open the Kindle app and sign in your Amazon account, then you can read your Kindle books in the Kindle app on your iPad.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Ok great.
I'll have to replace the Kindle you think?

Yes, unless you want to read kindle books on your iPad only. If you need to get a new kindle, then once you set up your new kindle, then all your previous books will download to your new kindle.

Do you need anything else for now?

Will my books download onto the ipad now and if i get a new kindle they will download there too?

That's correct. As long as you sign in with your correct Amazon account, then your kindle books will download on all the devices you want.

Ok thanks

You're welcome. If you need help with anything else later, please let me know anytime. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top right of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you very much,

Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician