E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just got a new Kindle Paperwhite. I guess I didn't read…

Customer Question
Hi, I just...

Hi, I just got a new Kindle Paperwhite. I guess I didn't read what it can and can not do well enough. Can books be gotten without a Wifi connection after the Kindle is set up? Can books be read without wifi? Can I get Overdrive to connect with my local library? Thank you!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I'm sorry but, I don't know. I bought it brand new on Amazon just this week... does that help?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't really tried any. I can get books from Amazon's site for free; so it's not that I can't get books it's just that I need to know if I need wifi to read them and borrow more, as I am going to The Dominican Republic next month on vacation and wifi is spotty at best.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes... is everything on the Kindle in black and white? No color? I think that about does it. thank you!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

1) You can get books without wifi by following the instructions here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq_25HTN3-o

It is a bit more cumbersome but can be done.

2) Yes you can read books once they are on the Kindle without it being on the wifi network.

3) Yes, overdrive can be used for the Kindle Paperwhite, you can follow the steps here to do this

http://tinyurl.com/yc35x96c

Does this answer all your questions regarding the kindle?

Please let me know