E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I cannot get to my books. When I open, the arrow that I

Customer Question
usually slide across the screen...
I cannot get to my books. When I open, the arrow that I usually slide across the screen to open my books does not move & no matter what I try I can't get it to open.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Where do I find make/model? I've had it for about five years & have read dozens of books. That's the only thing I use it for.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's been two weeks since I have not been able to open it. There is nothing to troubleshoot that I can find. I've turned it off & on, but the screen is still frozen.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's everything. I'm a rookie.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 3 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a kindle? Does it have touchscreen?

- Please press and hold (or slide and hold) the Power on / off button / switch on your device for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that do anything? What's showing on your device now?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

It is a Kindle Fire. When I turned it back on it asked if I want to shut it down. I did so & turned it on again. I get a screen with the arrow on the right edge. The arrow does not move when I try to open it.

I'm sorry. It could be hardware issue, but if you have any cover / case on your Kindle Fire, can you please remove it for now?

Then hold the Power on / off button for about 30 seconds again, then turn it back on and check.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

If that does that work, unfortunately, the Kindle's touchscreen is bad; it is a hardware issue, and since the Kindle is about 5 years old, so you need a new kindle. Once you set up a new kindle, all your previous books will automatically download to your new kindle.

- In the mean time, you can read your Kindle books on a computer by signing in your Amazon account at the website below:

https://read.amazon.com

- And/or you can read your Kindle books in the Kindle app on a tablet or smartphone. You can download / install the Kindle app in the Play Store or App Store app icon on the tablet / smartphone.

- Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

- Do you need anything else for now?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician