E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle that i bought abought a week ago on Amazon.

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle that i bought abought a week ago on Amazon. I finished reading abook and started to browse for another book. I requested a sample download, and now the screen is "frozen. The Kindle is plugged inton my laptop port and I "signed it off from the the computer" as instructed.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I just got it last week from Amazon, on sale. I would have to look for my paperwork to see if I can find the make/model,

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started today. The only trouble shooting has been ti turn it off, unplug it from my laptop USB port and then try and start up again. Ir just returns the to last screen I was looking at.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, That's about it. Have been using Kindles for about 5 years and never ran into this problem before!

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 9 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that do anything? What's showing on your Kindle's screen now?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Does it do anything when you keep holding the Power on / off button on your Kindle for a long time, like for about 45 seconds?

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,