E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Fell and now it has lines going up and down the screen with…

Customer Question
Fell and now it...

Fell and now it has lines going up and down the screen with 1/2 of the display showing. I recharged it and it still is the same bpkease help

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is the original kindle and its approximately 7 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This happened yesterday and besides recharging it and shutting it down that's all I did

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just please help me I was in the middle of a wonderful book

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This can be an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle.

Let me know if it still has lines or not please

Thank you