E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How can I change my credit card number? It is a Kindle

Customer Question
How can I change...

How can I change my credit card number?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a Kindle reader more than 10 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

You will not accept my old outdated credit card, therefore I cannot order any new e-books.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to give you a new card number.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

From your amazon account page on the computer,

First, go to Manage Payment Options:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go to Manage Your Content and Devices:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?