E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle paperwhite's battery went to 0 so I put it on the…

Customer Question
My kindle paperwhite's battery...

My kindle paperwhite's battery went to 0 so I put it on the charger and I could not get it to charge. Is there something I can do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model dp755di. I am thinking it is about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened this past weekend. Have had no problems otherwise. Other than trying to recharge it, I haven't done any troubleshooting.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?