E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How do i get a book to transfer to my kindle. At least 5…

Customer Question
How do i get...

How do i get a book to transfer to my kindle

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

At least 5 years old let me look for the make version 4.1.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not know how to purchase books on computer and transfer to kindle

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Chris Lindsey, Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician

Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I am your Professional Electronics Technician Expert.

If your Kindle is WiFi compatible, please go into 'Settings' and connect your Kindle to a local WiFi network. As per Amazon:

1. To visit the Kindle Store, from the Home screen, press the Menu button, and then select Shop in Kindle Store.
  2. When you are ready to purchase a title, tap the Buy button to purchase a single book or periodical.

To subscribe to a periodical, tap Subscribe now.

Tip: Tap Try a Sample to download the beginning of the book for free.

3. Press the Home button to show and open your new Kindle content.

Kindle content is automatically added to your Archived Items on your device to download again. To download a book, newspaper, or magazine to your Kindle Keyboard, press the Menu button, and then select View Archived Items. With the 5-way controller, select the title you wish to download. Your book, magazine, or newspaper will appear on the Home screen.

When finished with your question, please rate 5 Stars then click on the Submit Button so I will get credit for helping you or use the 'Reply' option to continue with your question until you have reached an answer. You are always welcomed to follow up with me at any time.

Also, after you purchase content from the Kindle Store, it's stored in the Cloud and is available for transfer from Manage Your Content and Devices.

To transfer content from a computer to your Kindle:

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices and locate the content you want to transfer to your Kindle.
  2. Select the Actions button next to the title, and click Download & Transfer via USB.
  3. From the drop-down menu, select your Kindle, and then click Download.

Important: Be sure to note which folder you download your content file to. You will transfer your content from this folder to your Kindle.

4. Connect your Kindle to your computer with the USB cable.

Your Kindle appears in the same location on your computer that external USB drives appear.

• Windows: Your Kindle will appear in the Computer or My Computer folder.
    • Mac: Your Kindle will appear on the desktop.

5. Open the Kindle folder, and then open the documents folder.
  6. Locate the downloaded file on your computer, and then drag and drop the compatible file into the documents folder within the Kindle folder.
  7. Safely eject your Kindle from your computer.
  8. For touch-screen devices, make sure you are on the Downloaded tab to view your downloaded Kindle content.

Good evening. I am following up on your question and would love to continue helping you.

I look forward to your reply/rating.

Chris L