E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Mu kindle keeps skipping pages, I will be reading a page and…

Customer Question
Mu kindle keeps skipping...

Mu kindle keeps skipping pages, I will be reading a page and then go to the next one and it is blank....it is fully charged

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a kindle fire and I don't know how old...more than 5 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just the last 2 days. I try shutting it down and reopening and re-charging it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried shutting down / restarting it this way: Press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Does it do anything when you keep holding the Power on / off button on your Kindle for a long time, like for about 45 seconds?

Does this issue occur with a particular book or with any book?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,