E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle Fire will not re-charge or boost...help? Dec 2014 -

Customer Question
Kindle Fire will not...

Kindle Fire will not re-charge or boost...help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Dec 2014 - Fire HD 6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

24 hours ago - was told by tech from(###) ###-####this AM 10/5 to try update on computer website - so hear we are

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

We are looking for help to find out if this Kindle is still good or is its life over

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,