E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

What is the difference between kindle and adobe digital

Customer Question
Hi,what is the difference...

Hi,what is the difference between kindle and adobe digital editions?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I have download adobe digital edions 4.5 to read ebooks

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't tried non yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

If I buy a book can I download it as PDF?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 10 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) is a free eReader app from Adobe that is available for PC, MAC, tablets and mobile devices. You can use it to download and purchase digital content and you can read that content both online and offline.Some public libraries require that you use Adobe Digital Editions to check out their ebooks and transfer them to your ereader.

Kindle can refer to an ereader device or to an Kindle reading app. Kindle is supported by Amazon. Many public libraries (those that don't require you to use Adobe digital editions) allow you to send books directly to your Amazon/Kindle account. If you can tell me more about what you're trying to do I'm sure that I can help you decide which will work best for you.

Thank you for the info. I don't have a kindle, I android and I would like to know if buy a book by amazon, can I read it on my phone?

Thank you for that additional information. Yes, you should be able to do that. You'll need to go to the Google Play store on your phone an download the Kindle reading app for Android., or alternatively, you can open the link below in the web browser on your phone to download the app.

https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp

When you use the app for the first time you will need to log in using the same email account and password ***** you used when you purchased the book from Amazon.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, please kindly rate my service so I will receive credit for my efforts. You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!