E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle will not allow me to deregister. Old, Kindle 2 with…

Customer Question
Kindle will not allow...

Kindle will not allow me to deregister

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Old, Kindle 2 with keyboard. It will allow me to access the kindle store, but not download. I can also access the internet

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turning off, and on. Resetting. Restoring factory defaults. The message I get says unable to connect at this time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, after getting the unable to connect message, I checked again that there was internet access.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and connect.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I still get the same response. Unable to connect at this time

Thanks

Can you tell me the make and model of your Wifi router please?