E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle suddenly has a broken screen where a large gap has…

Customer Question
My kindle suddenly has...

My kindle suddenly has a broken screen where a large gap has occured in the writing and even when it is turned off, almost like missing pixels

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

How would I find that out? It was around £45.00 about 4 years ago

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started last night and have done no trouble shooting, don't really know where to start

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This can be an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you