E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

We have a kindle fire tablet that is frozen and cant turn…

Customer Question
We have a kindle...

We have a kindle fire tablet that is frozen and cant turn on. It is frozen on a screen that says fire.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

We tried turning it off and restarting it. And we charged it.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is an amazon kindle fire. It just started today. We have just been turning it off and trying g to restart it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/4/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 10 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony