E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle swipe does not work, it remains locked though fully…

Customer Question
Kindle swipe does not...

Kindle swipe does not work, it remains locked though fully charged.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's 3 years old about. I took cover off but lettering is too small to read.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The freezing of the device happened this afternoon. I don't know what troubleshooting to do. There are no buttons I am aware of to push.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

This is my Kindle 2 as described in my account.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that do anything? What's showing on your Kindle's screen now?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Does it do anything when you keep holding the Power on / off button on your Kindle for a long time, like for about 45 seconds?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.