E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I received a call from TechEasy stating that my computer was…

Customer Question
I received a call...

I received a call from TechEasy stating that my computer was hit by two areas Georgia and Columbia. They said my computer has no protection on it. Do you know of this company? They want $3600 to install all the protection needed. Your insight would be greatful.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

HP Pavilion no more then 2 yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have had some problems but they never seemed to be really bad until this morning when TechEazy called and said they received a call for the government about to hacks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 8 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

That sounds like a scam. There is a lot of that going around right now. No legitimate company would contact you in that manner and they sure would not charge that much. Most legitimate anti virus is around $99.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.

Thank you very much!

do you need more help with this?