E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My e reader was lost or stolen September 28, 2017. I have…

Customer Question
My e reader was...

My e reader was lost or stolen September 28, 2017. I have ordered a new one. I was pointed out to me someone could continue using and ordering from my old one. What to do??

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

My old device was a Kendel paper white about 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Stolen device no technical problems

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The thing to do is to (simply put) De-Register (or, 'deregister') your stolen Kindle, to separate it from your Amazon.com account.

That will not prevent the stolen Kindle from being used - on someone else's account after being registered to it - but, it will separate it from your account, and probably (I'm not quite sure, models vary) erase it whenever it is next connected to internet.

To de-register that specific Kindle Paperwhite from your Amazon account:

1. From your computer: go to www.amazon.com
  2. log in as needed.
  3. Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices.
  4. Then, select Your Devices. Select your specific Kindle PaperWhite device, and select Deregister in the Actions column.

If this answers your question, please let me know, or rate my answer. If not, if there's any problem or any need of further information, let me know in Reply, and I will help and advise you as needed.