E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I WAS TRYING TO RECHARGE MY KINDLE BUT NOTHING HAPPENED. I…

Customer Question
I WAS TRYING TO...

I WAS TRYING TO RECHARGE MY KINDLE BUT NOTHING HAPPENED. I AM GUESSING I NEED A NEW RECHARGING CORD. wHERE DO I FIND ONE( I HAVE THE ORIGINAL KINDLE)?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I HAVE HAD IT AT LEAST 6 OR SO YRS. I DONT KNOW MAKE/MODEL.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

AT LEAST 2 MOS. I HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT OUTLETS BUT IT STILL DOESNT CHARGE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

CANNOT THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE RELEVANT.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If your Kindle is 6 years or so or more old, then you may have a failed battery in it.

But, the charging cord... is it a USB-to-USB cord, or is it an AC Adapter type charger that plugs into the wall outlet?

And is there any sign that the charging cord is defective? strain on the cord, breaks etc.?

It is the type that plugs into the wall. I don't see any signs of cord breaks, If it is the battery in the kindle (which honestly never occurred to me) is this something that could be bought in one of those battery stores?

The Kindle's battery can be bought, but putting it into the device takes some skill and some tools. Perhaps a 'battery replacement kit', with the tools and instructions included, that could be bought online, would interest you? let me know, and I will help you and refer you as required.

How much longer does he need to clear things up before he can call me.
I found the model No. D00901. Does this help you any?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I am getting the information to answer your question...

Good! glad to have been of help to the problem. Before you go, please rate my answer (in Reply, to using the five-star interface) - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done. Thank you and have a great day.