E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Trying for a few days to charge my kindle paperwhite. It…

Customer Question
Trying for a few...

Trying for a few days to charge my kindle paperwhite. It glows amber...never goes to green.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Not sure...maybe three years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried the holding off button for 30 sec and plugging in again

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

The bar across the bottom struggles to make it to the end. and tries over again. occasionally get there and home appears, then goes back to white screen

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Your Kindle's battery may have failed, but the bar across the bottom may indicate some other failure. I think this problem merits either having the Kindle repaired, or having it replaced perhaps - according to your preference in the matter.

Which would you prefer? considering that the e-books on your current Kindle are already in your Amazon account online, so they can be re-downloaded (without further charge for them) from that Amazon account, to whatever new Kindle device you may buy.

Whatever you prefer, I will assist you and advise you further. Let me know, please.

$36 to tell me its time for a new one?
Not interested in any more charges. Scam

Your Kindle can also be repaired. I'm fairly sure of that and I can advise you on the matter.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

or by phone at

1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST