E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

When II open my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 a new screen comes up and…

Customer Question
When II open my...

When II open my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 a new screen comes up and the phrase Phil,s 3rd kindle shows up in the top left corner. My name is ***** ***** this is my 4th or 5th Kindle. How do I get my original opening screen back.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

My devicw is a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and 4 to 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I bought a new Kindle and want to how to transfer the books on my old Kindle to my new one

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

You need to register it to your account

To do this you do a reset by

Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
Tap Reset to confirm.

Then set it up in your account

Let me know how you go please

Reset to Factory Settings does not appear on either Kindle

Can you follow this film which shows you how to do the steps I gave please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eb2Uk-Q6RE

Let me know how you go please